Dedicated Firewall + snmpd smux 199/tcp

Hello all!

I'm in the process of setting up a dedicated firewall for my home
network. It only runs four services: smtp, snmp, ssh and fwlogwatch.

I've run into a problem configuring snmpd to only use a fixed local IP.
>From the man-page it is enough to call snmpd with the following
parameters:

snmpd -s -l /dev/null -p 161@192.168.5.2

but snmpd still listens on port 199/tcp (smux) on my internet IP.

[portscan from external host]

Starting nmap V. 2.54BETA22 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
Interesting ports on x (x.x.x.x):
(The 3 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
Port       State       Service
199/tcp    open        smux

I have read the man page and did a lenghthy search with google but
didn't find a solution on how to bind 199/tcp to my local IP.

Please give me a hint or two on how to fix this, or where to look for
more information.

Ofcourse i have a packetfilter installed but i don't want *any* open
ports on this firewall.

TIA

--

Matthias Hentges
[www.hentges.net] -> PGP + HTML are welcome

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice