Re: Secure Network Filesystem

(2001-08-28) Alisson Sellaro sed :

 | Hi there folks
 |
 | I'm planning a modification in the network of my departament
 | here. We have a pretty standard lay-out with a DMZ and a
 | screened subnet firewalling schema (two firewalls, one from
 | outside to our DMZ and other from the DMZ to our Intranet). The
 | point is: we are with new requirements of sharing some
 | filesystems accross the network (Intranet and DMZ).
 |
 | I would like to know from you what is suggested in terms of use
 | X security. I really would not like to use NFS. Any clues? Coda?
 |
 | Thamnks in advance

If you just want to just crypt the traffic, you can use tcfs, which is
client side oriented, and that you use over NFS.
Otherwise, you can do a VPN, with 2 or more box you buy, put between
the cliens and the server. I don't have any name in minds, but I think
you can find things like this in blackbox...
Last but not the least, you can build a vpn using linux boxes and
ipsec, using freeS/WAN (http://www.freeswan.org). That works fine.

--
VALLIET Emmanuel       !   http://www.webmotion.com
Webmotion Inc.         !   mailto:emanuel.valliet@webmotion.com