Re: iptables install

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 09:31:07PM -0700, Jeff Coppock wrote:
>    # modprobe ip_tables
>    modprobe: Can't locate module ip_tables
>
>    But, it's definitely there.  I can't figure out how to fix
>    this.  Any help is very much appreciated.

Your version of modutils's 'modprobe' doesn't look in the correct
directories for modules (which are different in 2.4.x).

You can either upgrade some of your packages (including modutils) in the
manner suggested by others here (using Bunk's debs), or you can just use
'insmod' which will still work but you will have to specify the path to
each module.