Re: pyrit package

On 2/2/19 14:36, Christian Kastner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On 01.02.19 15:36, Sophie Brun wrote:
>> It would be great to upload it quickly to have it in Buster.
> Seeing as the time window for Buster was indeed extremely short, I went
> ahead and uploaded a version that fixes the FTBFS from #906555 by
> incorporating a simple patch taken from the other/newer upstream.

Good! i planned to upload the repo with my work tomorrow (sunday) and
coordinate an upload to unstable with Sophie to also fit Kali needs.

This way, pyrit will be included in Buster for sure even if we have not
enough time for this.

> I also did some housekeeping/updating, nothing unusual. A large part of
> that work was already done by others (Sophie, thanks for the NMU fixing
> that other FTBFS).

I was not aware of this git repo so i did it myself from the ground with
debsnaps.

> I did not try building the 0.5-based version yet because I feel uneasy
> switching upstreams or updating to a new version without having looked
> at the code, or having run the program, at all.
> Furthermore, there seems to be 0.5 work done by both Sophie and Marcos
> that should be merged first, if possible.

I tested the release 0.5.0 from the package i built and it seems to works.

> However, seeing as Sophie has a working 0.5 for Kali, perhaps the
> simplest solution would be just go from there?
>
> All my changes have been pushed to the current git repo within PAPT.
>
> I'm ready to hand off the package now, please let me know how you want
> to proceed. If you need anything for Buster, my availability this week
> is quite good.

My suggestion is to take the PAPT repo and add the work of Sophie and
mine to it.

Sophie: what's your suggestion?

> Regards,
> Christian