python-seabreeze

Hi there,
I am using the python-seabreeze [1] package on raspbian to control a
scientific instrument. python-seabreeze is a python wrapper to the C++
library libseabreeze [2] which is used to control Ocean Optics
spectrometers. All code is MIT licensed. Currently python-seabreeze
bundles a modified version of libseabreeze and statically links to it.
I have created an initial debian package of the python-seabreeze
package including bundled version of libseabreeze. The author of the
python package is interested in getting the software into the debian
distribution (see discussion here [3]). I am happy to help with the
packaging and maintenance of the packages.

So, I guess my questions are: Would you support a set of seabreeze
packages? What is the best way of handling the modified upstream
libseabreeze?

Regards
magnus

[1] https://github.com/ap--/python-seabreeze
[2]
https://www.oceaninsight.com/globalassets/catalog-blocks-and-images/software-downloads-installers/javadocs-api/seabreeze/html/index.html
[3] https://github.com/ap--/python-seabreeze/discussions/121
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.