Re: state of VTK-8 (upgrading paraview)?

On 2019-03-21 14:51, Drew Parsons wrote:
Hi Gert and other VTK keepers,

what's the state of VTK-8 for Debian?

The reason I ask is that I need a newer version of paraview to view
complex XDMF mesh data.  I tried building the new paraview versions
(5.5, 5.6), but the amount of VTK patching required (to build against
vtk6 or vtk7) is impossibly large, with new definitions of VTK via
cmake modules etc. (VTK source is no longer provided in the paraview
source tarball). Given the timelines I presume these paraview versions
were released against VTK-8 and so will build more easily against
VTK-8.

help needed!

Drew

Hi Kyle, I meant to cc: you for this discussion, but google was tardy in helping me find you.

Drew