Re: Virtuoso-opensource

Hi Andreas and others,

Op 04-09-18 om 16:06 schreef Andreas Tille:
> Hi Paul,
>
> [I take the freedom to answer in public since there is no private
> information in your initial mail.]

No problem.

> On Tue, Sep 04, 2018 at 12:38:45PM +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>> I see virtuoso-opensource 7.2.5 in experimental.
>
> Yes.
>
>> Is it already useable?
>
> We are starting to use it locally as Stretch backport and I have not
> seen issues.

I would also like a stretch backport (amd64).
Is it available somewhere?

>> Why is it in experimental?
>
>    1. Upgrade from virtuoso-opensource-6.1 does not work
>    2. Uses libssl1.0-dev instead of libssl-dev (1.1!)

This is not a big problem for me, I guess.
But I understand it is needed!

> I'm currently working on 1. in Git but I need HEEEEELP (sorry for
> shouting but I need really help!) There was a patch originally crafted
> by Sebastian Andrzej Siewior (in CC) which applied to version 6.1 which
> was not incorporated by upstream (and its explicitly mentioned in their
> docs and the configure even checks for ssl 1.0).  I tried for days to
> adapt the patch to the latest upstream version and also did some
> progress.  However, I'm not an SSL expert and would not release to sid
> without a review by some expert.  I'd really love if somebody would
> activate that patch[1] and try to complete it so that the source finally
> would build against libssl1.1.
>
>> Thanks for your work on Virtuoso!
>
> You are welcome but as I said while the package is somehow working its
> only half done regarding the usual Debian quality while probably
> matching a local build of the upstream source.
>
> Any volunteer is more than welcome to complete the work

I am affraid I am not so good in packaging, and I have not much
experience with it... Sorry.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis

https://www.vandervlis.nl/