Bits about Intel MKL packaging -- Higher Priority than OpenBLAS

Hi Debian Science Team,

The main purpose for me to write this mail is to notify
you guys that I'm going to assign MKL a higher priority
than OpenBLAS via the update-alternative mechanism.

MKL provides alternatives to e.g. libblas.so.3

intel-mkl provides a magical dispatcher library named libmkl_rt.so,
which contains symbols of BLAS and LAPACK. This library
can be used as an alternative to libblas.so.3 and liblapack.so.3 .
(didn't actually test it. This is still WIP)

So I'm going to provide these alternatives with a higher priority
compared to OpenBLAS:

libblas.so.3  libmkl_rt.so 50
liblapack.so.3 libmkl_rt.so 50
libblas.so libmkl_rt.so 50
liblapack.so libmkl_rt.so 50

Such non-free package won't be automatically installed. However
once MKL is installed, the user must means to use it. By the way,
I'm linking both .so and .so.3 to libmkl_rt.so because the upstream
didn't give it a SOVERSION ...

Please let me know if you are object to this :-)
Sébastien, how do you like this?

Bit about packaging

Some of you maybe curious about the progress ... early stage but
able to produce some core packages.

   https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/intel-mkl

To make sure I'm making a correct intra dependency graph,
I'm now getting help from upstream. And I have to say Intel
as an upstream is quite responsive and nice.

Have a good day guys :-)

--
Best,