Re: insighttoolkit4 on i386 (+sse2)

David Bremner <david@tethera.net> writes:

> As dumb as you or I might think it, i386 in Debian needs to support
> non-SSE hardware.  It sounds like you rather want to drop i386 support
> for the package, if upstream's idea of i386 doesn't match
> Debian's. That's what I did with darktable (that case was maybe more
> clear as upstream also felt 32bits was unsuppportable).

Gert,

Please try building with -ffloat-store, which eliminates the extra
internal precision that can lead to test errors but retains
compatibility for older i386 processors.  If that *doesn't* work, I'd
argue that it's better to require SSE support than to give up on i386
altogether just over this one issue, at least if you make this
requirement clear up front.  As I recall, there were some plans for a
mechanism to help packages with extra CPU requirements, but I don't
remember further details, sorry.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu