Re: Numba for Debian Science

On 20.12.2016 22:21, Daniel Stender wrote:
> On 17.12.2016 20:42, Prometheus wrote:
>> Hi, is there a chance that the package will be pushed to unstable in
>> the near future?
>>
>> Thanks:)
>
> Sorry for the delay, I'm working on it now. llvmlite must be go in first, there one problem left,
> I'm working on it ...
>
> DS

llvmlite is in unstable and running all right, but Numba (currently 0.30.0) has a couple of
problems [1].

One is, get_host_cpu_features() from llvmlite returns nothing on some archs (this appears to be a bug
in LLVM, see [2]), this now results in a RuntimeError.

But there is also a segault on i386, test failures with Numpy 1.12.0 and other issues.

I'm on it and seek to have it ready mid January.

DS

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=numba&suite=experimental

[2] https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-llvm-team/2016-December/006606.html

--