Re: updated packages: r-cran-afex, r-cran-logspline, r-cran-desolve

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 09:54:56AM +1000, Jonathon Love wrote:
> yeah, i kinda imagined the uploaders approval process contained a:
>
>     if (hasWarnings)
>         reject()

well……
First, remember that every sposor is different, basically every DD do
whatever they think it's better.

For me, it's not that strict, but when I go through the RFS list, and I
see a package with more than a handful of lintian warnings, I indeed
usually say "meh, somebody's else job" and go on the next one.  :)

But it's not a binary thing, some warning are fine by me, or i can see
are too hard to fix, etc...

> some times when you're going through and creating a README.source, and
> documenting, like 50 included R data files (explaining why the source
> contains binary files), when you know that no-one will ever read it ... you
> start thinking in terms of "what will get this over the line?", rather than
> "i want to package this well" (perhaps this makes me a bad packager).

umh..  I'm having hard time understanding what you wrote here, tbh.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :