Re: Looking for sponsorship: libfann, pyevolve (updates)

On 2014-03-05 16:06, Andreas Tille wrote:
>>> In case nobody might step in you might be interested in Sponsering of
>>> Blends:
>>>
>>>     https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB
>>
>> Interesting, thanks. Both packages are part of the machine learning
>> task, actually. The git repos are still hosted by me though, and I
>> intend to keep it that way for this, and maybe the next, package revision.
>
> So you will need *really* good arguments for this if you want me to
> sponsor your packages. B-)

Of course. Both of my upstreams recently switch away from CVS resp. SVN
to git. I was already using git for their project in pull mode (git-cvs
and git-svn), but I assume I will have to rebase my history onto their
work. That's quite a bit of transition noise already; switching my repo
location would only add to that.

Hence why I want to "keep it that way for this" (= only packaging
updates) and "maybe the next" (= new upstream release) revisions. IOW,
focus on the user-visible aspect first (package quality), and only then
deal with the background stuff.

Regards,
Christian