Sage in Debian status update

Dear Debian/science lovers, ;)

I just want to give you an update on our progress with updating Sage dependencies in Debian. The effort is coordinated via a Wiki page [1] and since December an automatically updated status page [2].

We are making good progress! Since December, Cédric Boutillier, Alexander Dreyer, Christoph Egger, Laurent Fousse, Camm Maguire, Julien Puydt, Lifeng Sun and myself introduced or updated the following packages to catch up with Sage. Other packages also received updates, but I'm only including packages where our version in testing is behind Sage.

cddlib
ecl
eclib
gfan
givaro
lcalc
libfplll
libm4ri
libm4rie
maxima
mpc
polybori
zn_poly

(libm4rie and mpc are still in NEW.)

As you can see on the Wiki page, the most obvious open tasks are now updating flint and singular, and packaging libgap and lrcalc. And of course, starting to package Sage itself. If someone is up for this, now would already be a good time to start building Sage against the Debian packages and look for issues that have to be resolved.

Cheers,
Tobias Hansen

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/Sage
[2] http://people.debian.org/~thansen/debian-sage-status.html