Re: RFS: feedgnuplot/1.20 [ITP]

> > Hi all.
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "feedgnuplot". This is a
> > general-purpose tool to construct plots from standard input. It can
> > be used to plot both realtime and stored data. A trivial example:
> >
> > $ seq 5 | feedgnuplot
> >
> > will plot a line. Fancy things are possible. For instance, to make a
> > real-time plot to measure data incoming on wlan0:
> >
> > $ while true; do sleep 1; cat /proc/net/dev; done |
> >   gawk '/wlan0/ {if(b) {print $2-b; fflush()} b=$2}' |
> >   feedgnuplot --lines --stream --xlen 10 --ylabel 'Bytes/sec'
> >   --xlabel seconds
> >
> > or to make a histogram of the distribution of the sizes of files
> > in /tmp:
> >
> > $ ls -l /tmp | awk '{print $5}' |
> >   feedgnuplot --histogram 0 --bin 1000000 --curvestyle 0
> >   'with boxes'
> >
> > I've been using the tool and its package for over a year, and it's
> > now reasonably stable and well-tested.
> >
> > License: GPL or Artistic
> >
> > Upstream homepage: https://github.com/dkogan/feedgnuplot
> >
> > The ITP bug: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=686413
> >
> > The mentors page: http://mentors.debian.net/package/feedgnuplot
> >
> > To get with dget:
> >
> > dget -x
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/feedgnuplot/feedgnuplot_1.20.dsc
> >

> > Thanks!
> >
> > dima
> >
> On Sat, 1 Sep 2012 22:50:35 +0200
> Anton Gladky <gladky.anton@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> to maintain your package in debian-science team, you should
> make some changes in your control file according to the policy [1].
>
> Thanks,
>
> Anton

Hi.

I made the changes needed to comply with the debian-science policy. I also tied
up some minor packaging loose ends, so the package is now lintian-clean even
with --pedantic.

The ITP bug is as above. The latest .dsc is at:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/feedgnuplot/feedgnuplot_1.23.dsc

Note that currently the source of the tool itself is maintained together with
the debianization, so a native package is made. This doesn't appear to be
explicitly contra-indicated by the debian-science policy; let me know if I
missed it.

Thanks

dima