Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2012 01:50:37 -0700
From: Dima Kogan <dima@secretsauce.net>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Subject: RFS: feedgnuplot/1.20 [ITP]

Package: sponsorship-requests
Severity: normal

Hi all.

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "feedgnuplot". This is a
general-purpose tool to construct plots from standard input. It can be
used to plot both realtime and stored data. A trivial example:

$ seq 5 | feedgnuplot

will plot a line. Fancy things are possible. For instance, to make a
real-time plot to measure data incoming on wlan0:

$ while true; do sleep 1; cat /proc/net/dev; done |
  gawk '/wlan0/ {if(b) {print $2-b; fflush()} b=$2}' |
  feedgnuplot --lines --stream --xlen 10 --ylabel 'Bytes/sec' --xlabel
seconds

or to make a histogram of the distribution of the sizes of files
in /tmp:

$ ls -l /tmp | awk '{print $5}' |
  feedgnuplot --histogram 0 --bin 1000000 --curvestyle 0 'with boxes'

I've been using the tool and its package for over a year, and it's now
reasonably stable and well-tested.

License: GPL or Artistic

Upstream homepage: https://github.com/dkogan/feedgnuplot

The ITP bug: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=686413