Re: [OT - or may be not] The case for open computer programs

Its a contradictio in terminis: the article advocating for more openness
in Nature is not free available.
:)

I fully agree with the idea that, one wishes to publish a scientific
article, the software used for the work should be available under an
FOSS license. As I advocated already a long time ago the web page of the
Gpiv software: http://gpiv.sourceforge.net

It probably might be a good idea to include a statement or discussion at
the DebianSciene wiki pages concerning this topic?

Is there such an initiative concerning European funded research (or
national funded research by EU members) for publishing in Open Access
journals or requiring FOSS software to be used?

Gerber van der Graaf