Re: Debian singular packages team

<20110806130520.GA18362@pcpool00.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

On Sat, Aug 06, 2011 at 03:05:20PM +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> The singular packages in Debian are quite outdated, which also blocks
> any chances to use it for other mathematics software, like macaulay2
> or SAGE.
>
> I think it would be nice if this could be maintained by some people
> within the debian-science umbrella. Any volunteers for that?
> (I also volunteer to do some work, but I especially miss some
> knowledge
> to properly test the resulting packages).

(mostly due to Bernhards help) I've pushed a draft for singular-3-1-4.

currently, the Singular shell runs and the development headers and
library are in place. my only test case for it is an (experimental)
sage, which throws an error

$ python -c'from sage import all'
// ***dError: Bug reported: Could not get expanded executable from
// libsingular.so
 occured at feResource.cc,443
  occured at:
  value:
  feInitResource: entering for BinDir
  feInitResource: entering for Singular
  feGetExpandedExecutable: calling find_exec with =libsingular.so=
  feGetExpandedExecutable: find_exec exited with ==-1

As i have never been a Singular user, and (apart from sage) do not have
any use for it, i would be happy if somebody could test the packages
with simpler examples and for his own purpose and help point out the
problems.

regards
felix