R packages in Debian Science (Was: ITP: r-cran-colorspace -- GNU R Color Space Manipulation)

Hi,

I would liket to inform you about new packages I builded and which
I commited to Debian Science repository.  I wonder what you might
think about my suggestions to attach them to certain tasks:

  r-cran-plotrix (#512069 - just sitting in NEW)

    GNU R package providing various plotting functions
     Lots of plots, various labeling, axis and color scaling functions
     for the GNU R package.

   --> Viewing
       I'm unsure whether Depends or Suggest are apropriate but
       I tend to "Suggests" to not force users of science-viewing
       to install the whole R system

  r-cran-colorspace (#512404)

    GNU R Color Space Manipulation
     Carries out mapping between assorted color spaces including RGB, HSV, HLS,
     CIEXYZ, CIELUV, HCL (polar CIELUV), CIELAB and polar CIELAB. Qualitative,
     sequential, and diverging color palettes based on HCL colors are provided.

   --> no suggestion for a task
       This package is just a precondition for other scientific R packages.
       I do not see a task where it should be mentioned explicitely

  r-cran-msm (#512405)

    GNU R Multi-state Markov and hidden Markov models in continuous time
     Functions for fitting general continuous-time Markov and hidden Markov
     multi-state models to longitudinal data. Both Markov transition rates and the
     hidden Markov output process can be modelled in terms of covariates. A variety
     of observation schemes are supported, including processes observed at arbitrary
     times, completely-observed processes, and censored states.

   --> Statistics
       I'm unsure about Depends or Suggests as well but in the case of
       statistiscs it is we have a lot of R packages anyway - so I'd
       rather tend to Depends.

The first (plotrix) was used to create graphs for the mailing list stats
I recently posted.  The latter two are preconditions for some epidemiological
packages I recently builded and which are commited into Debian Med repository.
More general R packages as precondition will follow and I will continue
with suggestions about tasks here on this list.

Any comment is welcome

      Andreas.
--
http://fam-tille.de