Re: Emboss not migrating due to autopkgtest error on s390x

Hi,

On 2024-04-14 16:42, Andreas Tille wrote:
according to tracker[1] emboss is not migrating due to a test suite
error on s390x[2].  IMHO the appropriate thing to do is to also remove
s390x architecture - but we also need to care for all rdepends (again
after removing these for 32bit).  Any volunteer to file the according
bugs?

emboss autopkgtest on s390x fails with SIGSEGV. GDB for 'gdb seqret' says:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/seqret
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/s390x-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".

cvt_s (code=<optimized out>, ap=0x3ffffff99c0, put=0x3fff77b79b8 <fmtAppend>, cl=0x3ffffff9e70, flags=0x3ffffff99c8, width=-2147483648, precision=-2147483648) at ajfmt.c:352
352	    if(str)

GDB localises the issue in a string formatting function. I have a hunch this might be related to time_64 transition, but cannot say more, alas. Removal is the easiest solution for now.

I guess adding architecture-is-little-endian to Build-Depends will
to the trick to prevent building on s390x.

Limiting to architecture-is-little-endian is probably a good idea. We do not have any evidence seqret works on any big-endian architecture.

I volunteer to limit the architectures and file RM bugs.

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/emboss
[2] https://ci.debian.net/packages/e/emboss/testing/s390x/43624748/

Best,
Andrius