Re: Bester installation image missing virtio net Modulen

On 2021-04-26 08:35, Benjamin Zimmermann wrote:
About a year ago, Viktor Mihajovski pointed out, that the virtio net modules (and deoendencies) are missing, this is still the case.

For an installation to work via virt-install, you have to manually add failover.ko, net_failover.ko and virtio_net.ko (debian-10.9.0-s390x-netinst.iso) and set the right console (ttysclp0).

How do you do the latter? console=ttysclp0? But presumably that's not valid everywhere. Are you seeing the steal_ctty failure otherwise? In what environment?

These seem like really easy additions to make things work again (adding them to the image).

I already did that for the next release (https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux/-/merge_requests/262). Feel free to propose something similar for stable.

I'll put my workaround on of those wellknown portals during the day, for anyone who is interested.

Given that ~no-one works on Debian s390x, people will need to step up and fix things in Debian.

Kind regards and thanks
Philipp Kern