Re: Debian for S390 (lenny ) installation problem

Mike Kirjanov wrote:
> 1. We are trying to install Debian for S390 (lenny ) distribution on the
> virtual machine (via z/VM 5.4 on the real mainframe ) and via Hercules
> 3.05 on the Linux Intel box. All our attempts is ended with the "WARNING
> **: bad d-i Packages file " message. We are using local repositories of
> the 5.0.3, 5.0.2 (stable ) and unstable verion (12.10.09 ) via http/ftp
> protocols. We are doubt what is wrong ? All our attempts to install the
> previous version of the Debian for S390 (etch ) were successful and we
> hadn't any installation problems at all.

As far as I know installing Lenny with current images should work fine.

It sounds as if your local repository is invalid, incomplete or corrupt in
some way. Have you tried installing using official mirrors?

Can you send us the system log (/var/log/syslog) for the installation?
Maybe we can get additional info from that.
Please make sure you gzip the syslog.

Cheers,
FJP