Re: s390 Etch install problem

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 08:34:39AM -0700, GaryR wrote:
> I have purchased the Etch s390 DVD's and am having a problem with the
> installer.

Which DVD's? Installation from optical media should work but is mostly
untested.

> RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
> No filesystem could mount root, tried:  ext3 ext2 cramfs
> Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-
> block(1,0)
> HCPGIR450W CP entered; disabled wait PSW 000A0000 802ECCE0

The kernel missinterprets the initrd image. The s390 etch installer uses
an initramfs, which is handled different. Please show the complete log.

Usualy you can take the images from
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/main/installer-s390/current/images/generic/.

Bastian

--
Vulcans never bluff.
		-- Spock, "The Doomsday Machine", stardate 4202.1