Re: mouse problem

--- Victor Wagner <vitus@ice.ru> wrote:
> ðÏÔÏÍÕ ÞÔÏ ÎÁ ÍÁÛÉÎÅ ÇÄÅ ÎÅÔ X-Ï×, ÏÂÙÞÎÏ ×ÏÏÂÝÅ ÎÅ ÒÁÂÏÔÁÀÔ. ðÏÜÔÏÍÕ
> ÐÅÒÅ×ÏÄÉÔØ ÔÕÄÁ ÍÙÛØ Ó ËÏÌÅÓÉËÏÍ ÖÁÌËÏ. äÏÒÏÇÁÑ ÓÌÉÛËÏÍ.

Victor, I disagree with you.
For the most of day-to-day operations one do not need a GUI.

Starting from mail readers to browsing Internet.
IMHO lynx + pine + mc + ncftp + other_console_tools just perfect for most of
task. Especially I like the speed they are operates at.

You could not escape from the fact that for pretty picture from GUI you have to
pay by space, speed and hardware price.

Ok, I use X + Netscape/Mozilla for some stupid websites who have too many
frames or too much graphics without reasonable "ALT" text. And there is no real
alternative (yet!) for RealAudio player and GUI PDF viewers, which supposed to
run under X.

> îÏ ÐÒÉ ÃÅÎÅ ÎÏÒÍÁÌØÎÏÇÏ 17-ÄÀÊÍÏ×ÏÇÏ
> ÍÏÎÉÔÏÒÁ × 250 ÄÏÌÌÁÒÏ× ÞÔÏ-ÔÏ ÎÅ ÈÏÞÅÔÓÑ  ÂÅÚ ÏËÏÎÎÏÊ ÓÉÓÔÅÍÙ ÏÂÈÏÄÉÔØÓÑ.

I run now Potato on PII-233/192 MB computer with 17" monitor. It is fast and
nice. From other side 17" for real graphic application IMHO is not enough, 19"
or 21" is better.

> ïÐÑÔØ ÖÅ ÄÏËÁ ÎÙÎÞÅ ÐÒÅÉÍÕÝÅÓÔ×ÅÎÎÏ × pdf.

Or in HTML, which is OK for virtual consoles ...

> > (ÂÅÓ)ÐÏÌÅÚÎÏÅ × ÔÅËÓÔÏ×ÏÊ ËÏÎÓÏÌÉ? (ÐÒÏËÒÕÞÉ×ÁÔØ history ÎÁÐÒÉÍÅÒ,
> > ÉÌÉ ÜËÒÁÎÙ ÌÉÓÔÁÔØ)

I only use mouse with text console to copy/paste the text.
Lets keep wheel for GUI applications, OK?

=====
Yours,
Pavel V. Epifanov.

---