rails 6 will be uploaded to unstable in 8 weeks (August first week)

Hi,

We have discussed about rails 6 transition in last 3 meetings and in today's meeting we decided to give an ultimatum and start filing bugs for the packages that breaks.

In the coming days I will do a rebuild of all reverse (build) dependencies of rails and start filing bugs.

But after 8 weeks we will upload rails 6 to unstable, whatever be the status of the reverse (build) dependencies.

If you care about a package that depends or build depends on rails, please fix them to work with rails 6 now.

See https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/rails/-/wikis/Transition-to-Rails-6-for-Debian-Bullseye for all affected packages.

Thanks
Praveen