Re: RFS: ruby-tty-cursor and ruby-tty-spinner

Hi,

On 2020-02-10 9:15 a.m., Sebastien Badia wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 09, 2020 at 11:50:15PM (-0500), Gabriel Filion wrote:
>> I've just sent ruby-tty-cursor and ruby-tty-spinner to new projects of
>> the same names in salsa.
>>
>> Could someone please review my work and either notify me if there's
>> something that needs tweaking, or sponsor their upload?

> Just some little typos and remaining 'FIXME'
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/ruby-tty-cursor/commit/6a44758584dc749ddb1ca11a00144c82b37f7a1e#note_138147
> https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/ruby-tty-cursor/commit/70b4bd4d70792ee12e76bbdd64dcd9bc7000756d#note_138148
> https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/ruby-tty-spinner/commit/f1f72f9c34047760fca43505272fecffee4a4a40#note_138150

ah! nice thanks for catching those. I've sent corrections to both repos.

> And more a question, in order to use the spec tests during the
> build process, we could maybe import tarball from GitHub

I'm not sure that I know what this means. Just to confirm whether my
understanding here is ok or not: do you mean that we should use some
other method for fetching upstream code directly from tar archives
published on github instead of getting the gem with gem2deb?

fwiw, for both ruby-tty-cursor and ruby-tty-spinner, I didn't get errors
while running tests. but maybe "gbp buildpackage" is doing something
different on my laptop than on salsa-ci?