Re: migrating gemwatch off alioth

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 12:03:56AM +0200, Tomasz Nitecki wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On 10/04/18 16:01, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> > I started a migration of gemwatch off alioth. It's new home for now is:
> > https://gemwatch.debian.net/
>
> Yay, thanks for taking care of this :)
>

> > Let me know if you find any issues. It looks good to me so far, and I
> > plan to make this switch on alioth and request DSA to provide a
> > permanent redirect sometime during the Curitiba MiniDebconf this
> > week, unless someone tells me there is something broken.
>
> I've checked several packages with `uscan --verbose --report` and
> everything seemed to work fine.
>
> The only interesting part I've found was the number of hrefs found. New
> version (gemwatch2) returned 3 duplicated entries and no archival
> versions, while alioth version returned only 2 duplicates of the most
> recent one and all archival ones[1].
>
> [1] https://paste.debian.net/1019646

yes, gemwatch.debian.net does not have the cache of previous versions
that we have on alioth, so it's expected that there won't be old
versions. I could copy that cache over, but I'm not sure we gain
anything by doing that.

now, it finding 3 hrefs for the most recent version is weird, I double
checked the page for the same package you tried and there are only 2
links in the HTML ...