Re: RFS: ruby-tzinfo, ruby-gettext, ruby-kgio, ruby-solve

On 3/20/18, Cédric Boutillier <boutil@debian.org> wrote:

> Could you please update the Standards-Version field and the debhelper
> compatibility for these packages, as well as switching the debian/watch
> to https?

Done. I usually don't change them if lintian doesn't say to.

> Can you clarify the situation of ruby-solve with respect to
> ruby-dep-selector? The presence of ruby-dep-selector in itself is really
> problematic for ruby-solve? Or is it just because ruby-dep-selector is
> broken? I understand that it is the latter.
> If it is indeed the case, is it not possible to upload an updated, non
> broken
> ruby-dep-selector before ruby-solve to avoid the extra Conflict: statement?

Dep-selector is a one of two available solve backends. Unlike
Molinillo based one it's optional. It's currently broken in Sid as it
needs libgecode v4 while in Sid we have v5, so there is no lib.so for
ruby 2.5. Therefore I just want to prevent broken package
installation.

I don't think that I can upload fixed dep-selector in reasonable time
as it requires good knowledge of both libgecode and C++. My previous
attempts to port it failed.