Re: RFS: ruby-sequel 5.6.0-1

Hi dai,

On 18-03-18 05:59:05, Georg Faerber wrote:

> > > I don't understand this. Is this a lintian error? If so, I can't see
> > > this if running lintian locally. Also, I had a look again at the
> > > files, and I can't see a problem. Could you please elaborate?
> >
> > It is not lintian result but debdiff result.  But I do not know why it occurs.
> >
> > % debdiff ruby-sequel_4.37.0-1_all.deb ruby-sequel_5.6.0-1_all.deb
> > [The following lists of changes regard files as different if they have
> > different names, permissions or owners.]
>
> I've debugged this: The upstream source files are different, which leads
> to the fact, that some files are compressed, and others are not:
>
> $ file 4.5.0.txt
> 4.5.0.txt: ASCII text                   -> This doesn't get compressed.
>
> $ file 4.49.0.txt
> 4.49.0.txt: Ruby script, ASCII text     -> This does get compressed.

The files, like the later one, just contain Ruby code in the release
notes, to explain new features or changes. For example:

  Defining dataset methods is done by calling methods with the same
  name as dataset methods inside the extend_datasets or with_extend
  block:

    DB.extend_datasets do
      order :by_id, :id
      select :with_id_and_name, :id, :name