Re: Default debhelper compat level for gem2deb

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 03:15:38PM +0200, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently noticed that lintian is complaining that we use 7 as the
> compatibility level for debhelper. The debhelper manpage indicates that
> the recommended level is 9.
>
> I am thinking about bumping the default value proposed by gem2deb to 9,
> but before doing so, since I am not a debhelper expert, I wanted to
> check if it is ok or if there was a good reason to keep it at this value.

I did that in git a few days ago. I have a git snapshot installed
here which is producing packages with compat 9, and so far had no issues
with it.

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-ruby-extras/gem2deb.git/commit/?id=1e01f204

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>