Re: Conflict beetween ruby-aws-sdk and ruby-aws

El Domingo, 9 de agosto de 2015 00:50:53 Tomasz Nitecki escribió:
> Hey,
>
> On 06/08/15 15:43, David Suárez wrote:
> > The upload of the new package ruby-aws, introduced #788906 bug, due to
> > both
> > packages installing the same file '/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/aws.rb'.
> >
> > Both packages provides the same functionality, interfacing amazon AWS
> > services. ruby-aws-sdk is the oficial gem from amazon while ruby-aws is
> > another implementation from third party.
> >
> > I dunno what't better here:
> >   - Maintain 2 packages with same functionality (Replaces, Conflicts
> >   things).
> >   - Removing one of them from the archive.
> >
> > Tomasz what do you think about ?
>
> I was thinking about renaming the conflicting file (something like
> aws.rb -> ruby-aws.rb). However, after I checked that they both provide
> access to the same services, I believe that it would be better to simply
> Conflict [1] them and let the user choose which one suits him or her
> better. Some scripts might be specifically using one of them so I
> wouldn't remove any of them from the archive.
>
> If no one has a better idea, I'll update ruby-aws accordingly

Updating on my side too.

As you package have not yet entered testing, I will reasign the bug to it (so
you have to close it in you new debian release) and mark ruby-aws-sdk as
affected by. So my new version could migrate without problems.

Thanks !

--

  David