Re: Packaging Ruby extensions

also sprach Richard Hurt <rnhurt@kangaroobox.com> [2008.12.16.1653 +0100]:
> I think this is a great idea and should allow us to help the Gems
> community grow in a way thats compatible with the rest of the
> world.  I don't think anyone here wants Gems to die or change into
> something thats no longer Ruby specific.  We just want to be able
> to work *with* it and not against it.

Here is the thread, sorry I forgot to link it in the first place:
  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/distributions/2008-December/000281.html

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"men who say it cannot be done should not interrupt men doing it."
                                              -- old chinese proverb