Re: RubyGems package

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 12:48:52PM +0900, Daigo Moriwaki wrote:
> I made the RubyGems package. I'd like to ask anybody here to sponsor it
> because I am not an official developer yet.
>
> I made it at last November and posted an
> ITP[http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=282429].
> At first I asked Taku YASUI <tach@debian.org> for a sponsor and he
> agreed. But these days he seems to have no time and there is no reply to
> my follow ups.
>
> Could anyone sponsor for me?

I can sponsor it, but you might want to have a look at what David said,
as I am too quite a perfectionist if it comes to packages. :-)

> I put the package here:
>
> deb http://www.sgtpepper.net/hyspro/deb ./
> deb-src http://www.sgtpepper.net/hyspro/deb ./

I will have a look at them tonight.

> libgems-ruby1.8_0.8.3-1_i386.deb
> libgems-ruby_0.8.3-1.diff.gz
> libgems-ruby_0.8.3-1.dsc
> libgems-ruby_0.8.3-1_i386.build
> libgems-ruby_0.8.3-1_i386.changes
> libgems-ruby_0.8.3-1_i386.deb
> libgems-ruby_0.8.3.orig.tar.gz
>
> # It installs gems to /var/lib/gems/
>
> I found Akira's dh_rubygems and it might conflict with my package.
> Can this convert the gem of RubyGems itself to a Debian package?

It can, it's a bit alike RPA's upcoming create-a-Debian-source-pkg-from-
an-RPA-port feature which will help us maintainers a lot as well.  :)
Only RPA has QA and fixes/changes can be committed there and be more
general benificial while with dh_rubygems there it stays with the Debian
maintainer I think.

Paul

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | JID:   paul@luon.net