Re: Near-upstream kernel for VisionFive2

On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 at 12:29:06 +0200, Baptiste Jonglez <baptiste@bitsofnetworks.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're trying to build a system that is as close as possible to upstream
> for the VisionFive2.  Here "upstream" means both Debian and Linux kernel.
>
> The current progress is here: https://framagit.org/compile-farm/debian-risc-v-build
>
> The main blockers right now are NVMe and networking.  Did anybody have
> success with these with a reasonable kernel config?

The JH7110_VisionFive2_upstream branch provided a defconfig (arch/riscv/configs/starfive_visionfive2_defconfig)
for the VisionFive 2 board [1]. You can refer to this file to make your own one.

[1] https://github.com/starfive-tech/linux/commit/b3b7bd55b3b54dd4e26750078b8a18ea2333ee5c

I had tested NVMe (Samsung 970 EVO Plus) and Ethernet successfully with
starfive_visionfive2_defconfig.

The crypto code in the mainline can really cause the kernel crash, so you should
disable it as what starfive_visionfive2_defconfig does.

Best regards,
Hal