Re: Is it possible to restore building of remmina-plugin-spice for Bookworm?

Hi Konstantin,

On  Do 23 Feb 2023 15:05:16 CET, Konstantin Khomoutov wrote:

Hi!

I've just upgraded my Buster system to Bookworm and noticed the
remmina-plugin-spice is not available in the latter.

I've found these two bugs ostensibly to be of relevance:

 - #1015147: remmina: incompatible with spice-gtk built against libsoup3

 - #1016114: remmina: stop using libsoup2 version of spice-gtk

So, the question is: is it possible to restore building of this plugin for
Bookworm?

(Please CC me as I'm not subscribed.)

I am not involved in the technical details of the libsoup2 -> libsoup3 transition, but we will not get any binary package (such as remmina-plugin-spice) into Debian bookworm again at this time of the Debian 12 freeze.

Sorry for this inconvenience. I assume that Matteo F. Vescovi (maintainer of Remmina in Debian) will provide a bookworm-backport of remmina at the earliest moment possible.

Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31