Re: OpenMPI / MPI transition

On 03/12/2023 18:32, Alastair McKinstry wrote:
Hi,

So I have pushed to salsa a commit switching mpi defaults for 32-bit platforms to mpich.

https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/mpi-defaults

I propose to push this to unstable. I will hold off on any changes to openmpi or mpich (except to experimental).

How do I do such a transition? I can't easily test as I lack 32-bit hardware. It _should_ be fine as MPICH builds and works

So I'm seeking release team advice before proceeding.

I guess we need to set up a tracker for the affected architectures to transition from openmpi to mpich. But please hold the upload until we have that tracker and we can verify there are no conflicts.

I have pushed a tracker to the transition tracker, it should be visible on release.debian.org/transitions/ in an hour or two.

Cheers,
Emilio