Re: EC SRM key for bookworm?

On Sat, 2023-03-04 at 16:03 +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 04, 2023 at 01:33:13PM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > SRM is considering using an ed25519 GPG key for bookworm. Does
> > anyone
> > see any issues with that?
> > We know that GPG(V) 1.X can't handle EC keys,
>
> in all releases from stretch to bookworm:
>   Package: apt
>   Depends: ..., gpgv | gpgv2 | gpgv1, ...
>
> This has to become only[1] "gpgv" in at least bullseye and bookworm,
> otherwise there would be users running into problems - even in
> unstable "apt-get remove gpgv" works and installs "gpgv1" instead.

FWIW I can't replicate that on bullseye:

$ sudo apt-get remove gpgv
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
required:
[...]
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  apt apt-utils debian.org debian.org-recommended debian.org-
recommended-bullseye devscripts gnupg gpgv
WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
  apt gpgv (due to apt)
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 8 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 9,999 kB disk space will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially harmful.
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as I say!'

Regards,

Adam