Re: About packages that depend on mysql-* / mariadb / virtual-mysql-*

On 2016-07-03 13:46, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
Hello!

Report of status and request for comments from the release team
regarding the next steps:

1. MariaDB as default

On the pkg-mysql-maint team we have discussed providing a new scheme
to complement the existing virtual-mysql-* scheme. We plan to
introduce new purely virtual packages, that are provided only by

That's not what we discussed yesterday. As I said then, openjdk does not provide a virtual package and default-mta is not a problem because it's not used as a build-dep.

openjdk instead uses a concrete meta-package, which could work for your case too.

We are meeting this evening and I expect will discuss this if there is time.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

<directhex> i have six years of solaris sysadmin experience, from
            8->10. i am well qualified to say it is made from bonghits
			layered on top of bonghits