Re: arch: all packages and uninstallability on i386

على السبت  9 نيسـان 2016 ‫03:43، كتب Emilio Pozuelo Monfort:
> Both packages went in.

Many thanks. Now I can upload to jessie-backports!

> However python-pysam is a problem because the arch:all rdeps have arch:any
> rdeps, and those are now broken on i386.
>
> force breaks:
>     * i386: falconkit, kineticstools, pbalign, pbbarcode, pbgenomicconsensus,
> pbh5tools, pbhoney, pbjelly, pbsuite, python-kineticstools, python-pbalign,
> python-pbbanana, python-pbcore, python-pbgenomicconsensus, python-pbh5tools,
> python-pbsuite-utils
>
> One solution would be to remove the i386 binaries for those as well (which is
> what would have normally happened when you requested the removal of the pysam
> i386 binaries).

I can do this, but will there still be a problem for the arch: all
reverse-dependencies? I'm worried that they might not stay in testing
for not being installable on i386.

> The other option is to fix python-pysam on i386 (i.e. fix
> bcftools). Obviously the latter would be preferable...

The main problem is #819617, which has been under investigation upstream
for some time and I doubt that a resolution will appear soon. bcftools
is a new build-dependency of pysam, so there is no regression on
python-pysam's part.

> Can you look at that?

For the record, bcftools was also failing to build on three other
release archs (#812268). That was fixed upstream after I forwarded the
report. I backported the necessary patch to resolve it in Debian, but
there are still issues on i386. It looks like the required changes to
fix it would be more extensive.

Many thanks and regards
Afif

--