Re: [SRM] proposed krb5 upload for stable

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 15:53:40 -0400, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been working with hartmans to get some updates to krb5 into Debian (he
> is pretty busy these days, and I'm at upstream).  A couple of issues are
> serious enough that I think they merit being fixed in stable:
>
> #704775 - KDC crash by authenticated user with unmodified client tools
> #704647 - use of reverse DNS cannot be disabled, which breaks many
>           configurations
>
> CVE-2013-1415 (KDC null pointer dereference with PKINIT) was not assigned a
> Debian bug number because we imported the fix right away.  It is less
> serious than #704775, but the patch is very small and it seemed worth
> including if an upload was to happen.
>
> These patches are all taken from upstream, and are already in wheezy.
>
> Per the quoted mail below (from #704775), Sam is prepared to upload the
> attached debdiff given SRM approval.

Hi Benjamin,

I'm really sorry we didn't reply to this mail in anywhere close to a
reasonable time.  As squeeze is now EOL I guess this is now moot.  In
the future, please open bugs against the release.debian.org
pseudo-package for proposed stable or oldstable updates, there's less
chance of something slipping through the cracks that way.

Thanks for understanding,
Julien