Pulseaudio version in Jessie

Dear release team,

I'm writing in order to discuss the status of Pulseaudio for Jessie.
Pulseaudio currently sits at (upstream) version 5 for jessie.

Bluez was recently updated to version 5 and migrated to testing.
Unfortunately, this means that pulseaudio lost support for bluetooth
headsets in HSP profile[1].

Pulseaudio upstream is closing in on a new release. I asked them about
this and they expect pulseaudio to be released this year, although not
with full certainty, of course[2]. The plan (quoted from [2]):

> My plan (which has not been agreed with
> anyone else, so it's subject to discussion) has been to get that patch
> set merged, fix the blocker bugs and then make the first release
> candidate. From the first release candidate it has usually taken at
> least a month before the final release happens.

The referred patch set is the oFono one, which brings HSP support back.

So, the question is will we be able to ship pulseaudio 6? It is fairly
clear that the final release will not be on time for the freeze.
However, the release candidate may be introduced in time. The upstream
policy after a release candidate is only bug fixes and doc/translation
updates[3]. So I was thinking maybe an exception for the final release
could be made if the release candidate arrives early enough. We have
never managed a freeze I believe there are 2 main questions:

1. Is such a plan (uploading the RC pre-freeze and the final release
post-freeze) acceptable?
2. If so, when would be "early enough"? That is, until what date could
the RC be uploaded to Debian?

I am more than available if more information is required.

For reference, the past release timelines were:

PA 2.99.1 - November 3 2012
PA 3.0    - December 17 2012
44 days

PA 3.99.1 - April 15 2013