Upcoming changes to nss, what would you prefer ?

Hi release managers,

I would like to dump libsoftokn3.so.0d from the libnss3-0d package,
because it is not a real library. Formerly, reverse dependencies had to
link against it, because it wouldn't be loaded automatically. At some
time, upstream made libnss3.so link against it, so that rdeps wouldn't
need to link against it. With the upcoming 3.12 release, it's now even
dlload()ed instead. The libsoftokn3.so file, still needed at runtime,
would go in /usr/lib/nss.

Anyways, there are 2 possibilities I see, and I would like you to tell
me which one you'd prefer at the moment, because one could be disruptive
with your current release plans.

- Keep a dummy libsoftokn3.so.0d library.
- Bump the SO version, and have the package become libnss3-1d.

What do you think ?

Mike