Re: D-I RC2 - Status and schedule - Post-Etch development

On Sunday 04 March 2007 20:21, Russ Allbery wrote:
> The upgrade process from ssh-krb5 to openssh-client and openssh-server
> is still broken, albeit in a more minor way.  I've filed two patches
> (#404863 and #407766) that should fix the remaining issues.
>
> OpenSSH produces a udeb package.
>
> I'd really like to have this upgrade be clean for etch if possible,
> since I believe there's a substantial install base of ssh-krb5 at
> academic institutions with large Kerberos infrastructures.  Is there
> any hope of getting an additional OpenSSH upload that includes these
> two patches?

The question if the change is acceptable for Etch and if it is worth
delaying D-I RC2 for it, is for the RMs to answer.
The only information I can give is that ssh _is_ included in some D-I
initrds and thus I would have to delay the upload of debian-installer
until they have migrated to testing.

If the RMs decide to accept this change, openssh should be uploaded ASAP
with priority high. Of course, at this late stage of the release you
should also be absolutely certain that the change will not break
anything.

Cheers,
FJP