Re: Assignments

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 02:01:13PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> [Cc'ed to herr release assistants]

The German dative plural is Herrn, IIRC from six-year-old grammar
lessons. :-)

> Colin Watson
> 	 84493 [ +     ] failed to build from source

There had already been activity on this bug talking about a potential
NMU with no response from the maintainer, so I dropped an upload into
the 3-day delayed queue on Saturday.

> 	104835 [       ] Build failure on hppa (at least)

Patch sent. I'll allow a few days and then upload to the delayed queue
(the only things that have been done to the package in quite some time
have been NMUs).

> 	116149 [  HMR U] samhain loses the plot when run in daemon mode

Getting there. I've pinged the submitter and upstream, and done some
source-diving to figure out where the problem might have been. There's
one suggestive changelog entry about running out of file descriptors
which may have been relevant; I've posted everything I've worked out so
far to the bug. Maintainer acknowledged saying that he would close the
bugs soon in the absence of confirmation with modern versions.

I'll keep an eye on this bug and make sure that it doesn't get forgotten
about again.

> 	146103 [       ] FTBFS: Build failure of php3 on i386

I asked the php4 maintainer to look at this, since he did the last NMU
of php3 and seems to have more-or-less standing permission to do things
to it if need be. He discovered a gcc-3.2 regression (#186299 - no
reaction yet), which will have to be fixed first. I'll monitor progress
here.

I've also been working on sabre (#175978, #185299), if that counts being
an orphaned package.

Cheers,