Re: Action needed for R-pkg Uploaders

Hi Julian,

Am Sun, Mar 17, 2024 at 01:17:44PM +0000 schrieb Julian Gilbey:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 03:47:42PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Hi R-pkg team members,
> > [...]
>
> > Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>:
> >  r-cran-erm
> >  r-cran-raschsampler
>
> I realise I have not used these in a while;

As a general remark:  I personally use only about 1% of those r-*
packages I've put my name as Uploader - possibly less.  What matters for
me personally is that we provide a working scientific environment to our
users which includes all those R packages which are mostly born out of
dependencies from other packages or explicit user requests.

> if someone else would be
> able to take these over, please feel free to do so!

In the past this usually endet up by putting my ID to Uploaders.
Changelog from r-cran-erm has one upload done by Dylan (in CC).  This
would not really help in the current situation since my intention of the
initial mail was fo find someone who might take over those mass-uploads
I did in the past.  Just adding my ID and than do nothing does not make
sense.

Alternatively we might start with some removals.  Neither r-cran-erm nor
r-cran-raschsampler have any rdepends except for science-statistics
metapackage from where these can easily be removed.  Popcon votes for
both [1],[2] are not extraordinarily high bit we have some remaining use
cases.

The question is: Do we want to remove the package or does someone think
that firing up `routine-update` on these packages once in a while and
`dput` the result is a feasible task?  Its a semi-automated process not
draining much time but someone just has to do it.  Otherwise removal
seems to be the better option to me.

Kind regards
     Andreas.

[1] https://qa.debian.org/popcon-graph.php?packages=r-cran-erm&show_vote=on&want_legend=on&want_ticks=on&from_date=&to_date=&hlght_date=&date_fmt=%25Y-%25m&beenhere=1