Re: r-cran-rstan issue and r-cran-boost version [notifications@github.com: Re: [stan-dev/rstan] Does not build on 32 bit architectures any more (Issue #1032)]

Hi Dirk,

Am Wed, Mar 08, 2023 at 11:34:24AM -0600 schrieb Dirk Eddelbuettel:

> On 8 March 2023 at 14:18, Andreas Tille wrote:
> | Am Wed, Mar 08, 2023 at 06:28:05AM -0600 schrieb Dirk Eddelbuettel:
> | >
> | > As you may know, I am upstream for BH 1.81.0-1. It reached CRAN after a month
> | > of careful alignment with reverse depende on Jan 22.  That is six weeks ago.
> | > I cannot do anything about you deciding not to update it sooner, sorry.
> |
> | $ apt showsrc r-cran-bh | grep -e ^Version -e Maintainer
> | Version: 1.74.0-2
> | Maintainer: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org>
>
> But that package is an 'empty shell' so that we do not need the 120mb package
> BH from CRAN?

You once told here explicitly that you don't like if someone might
upload one of your packages which are marked by:

>    Maintainer: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org>

I'm now pretty astonished that you wrote someone else decided something
about one of your packages.  I remain confused.

Besides this there is no hurry to upload this package.  I just suggested
to upload to experimental but simply take your time.

Kind regards
   Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de