Re: Mapbox GL plugin removed from QtLocation package

On miércoles, 20 de diciembre de 2017 02:49:46 -03 Thiago Santos wrote:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> Packaging it as a separated .deb sounds like a good idea to me.

The best one.

> All the dependencies at the 3rd party are header only and a good chunk
> developed by
> Mapbox itself (but internally we reuse them inother projects). Not sure if
> it would be worth
> packaging them separately and as a dependency to the plugin package.

Yes, it still is.

> We use this explicitly because we would like to lock into a version that we
> run tests
> and consider the Mapbox GL as a whole stable. It would not cause
> duplication in
> binary code, as they are C++ templates and get inlined anyway.

Much like Eigen. But still better if they live in their own package.

> About the json.org and JSON_checker code, it is not shipped into the Mapbox
> Qt,
> source or binary. That LICENSE.md file covers the whole mapbox-gl-native
> repo
> before stripping the unused code for the Qt build.
>
> - json.org code we use for our Android SDK (that got stripped out from the
> package)
> https://github.com/mapbox/mapbox-gl-native/blob/master/platform/android/Mapb
> oxGLAndroidSDKTestApp/src/main/java/com/mapbox/mapboxsdk/testapp/utils/GeoPa
> rseUtil.java#L8
>
> - JSON_checker is used by Rapid JSON test suite (also removed from the
> package)
> https://github.com/Tencent/rapidjson/tree/master/bin/jsonchecker
>
> I think I should remove the LICENSE.md file from that repo and keep only
> this one:
> https://github.com/mapbox/mapbox-gl-native/blob/qt-> staging/
qt_attribution.json

I would prefer if mapbox gets packaged and maintained by someone knowledgeable
of it and then we can work out how to use it from our package.

Cheers, Lisandro.

--
Background: des y lisandropm comparten el nombre Damián
<des> lisandropm: en qué año naciste? quiero saber si contás como arte

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/