Mapbox GL plugin removed from QtLocation package

Hi,

I noticed that the Mapbox GL plugin was removed from the QtLocation package:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-qt-kde/2017/06/msg00137.html

Reason being binary size and copyright issues. How can I help the package
maintainers address these issues and get Mapbox GL back? What are the
copyright issues?

Mapbox GL is a modern open source vector maps rendering engine and despite the
name, is not vendor locked to Mapbox and can be used with self-hosted maps. I believe
it can contribute a lot for the quality of applications made with Qt.

Br,