Re: small questions

Hi Patrice,

On 24/06/23 at 13:04 +0200, Patrice Duroux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My starting point is:
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/libxmp
> that does not show the new upstream 4.6.0 (since 2023-06-15)
> and UDD says also that upstream_version is 4.5.0 and not 4.6.0
>
> Are the Debian Tracker content based on UDD?

I think so

> How often is UDD content updated?

The code is
https://salsa.debian.org/qa/udd/-/blob/master/rimporters/upstream.rb
The status of packages regarding new upstream releases is refreshed every 72 hours.
However, for github and sourceforge.net, the importer often hits rate
limiting, so it might take more time to refresh the status (and libxmp
is hosted on sourceforge.net).

> I checked at: https://udd.debian.org/udd-status.cgi
>
> Finally, Is this expected?
>
> udd=> select * from upstream_status;
> ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xf6 0x6c 0x6c 0xe4

The upstream_status table was a leftover from when UDD did not gather
that information itself. The correct table to use is 'upstream'. I've
now removed the 'upstream_status' table to avoid confusion.

In general you can:
set client_encoding = 'sql-ascii';
to avoid issues about non-UTF-8 data in tables.

I'm not sure why it was failing to update back then, but now version
4.6.0 is now correctly found. See:
select * from upstream where source='libxmp';

Lucas