lintian worker on Debian infra ; future of lintian.debian.org

Dear DSA,

For context, quoting <[🔎] YsGezYimnj9HwY+D@xanadu.blop.info>:

> Seeing that lintian got adopted, I got motivated into looking if I could
> help on the lintian.d.o side, that is, provide up-to-date archive-wide
> up to date to developers.
>
> Since the architecture of lintian.d.o seemed quite complicated, I
> instead decided to follow what worked for other UDD-based data importers
> (such as the one that scans for new upstream versions). So my plan is
> the following:
> - use a UDD postgresql table for data storage
> - use UDD to decide which packages need to be analyzed
> - coordinate the analysis from UDD, but do the analysis itself on a
>   third-party 'worker' machine (since the process is quite CPU intensive)
> - provide visualisation directly on https://udd.debian.org (similar
>   to https://udd.debian.org/dmd/ or https://udd.debian.org/bugs/)
> - work with data consumers on how to best export the data from UDD to
>   them
>
> I know it feels a bit like NIH, but I believe the simpler design will
> help in the long term...

The current status is that my code works and is currently finishing its
first scan of all packages in Debian unstable or experimental. The data
is made available using https://udd.debian.org/lintian/

There are two topics I'd like to discuss with you:

1/ Moving the worker node to Debian infra

Currently the worker node (that runs lintian) is an AWS VM. It would
be nice to move it to Debian infra instead. Requirements are:
- bullseye VM where lintian from bullseye-backports can be installed.
  Ideally, you would then auto-upgrade it from backports when a new
  version gets released. Or someone can ping you to do it.
- the orchestrator (on the UDD VM) connects using SSH to the worker
  node.
- technical specs: running lintian is mainly CPU intensive, and requires
  some disk space to store the temporary data. The AWS VM has 8 cores,
  32 GB RAM, 100 GB disk.

2/ Future of lintian.debian.org.

It is currently not actively maintained, and the data on it is stale. We
can:
- keep it like that until someone decides to adopt it (but the fact that
  the data is stale is a bit misleading)
- shut it down or redirect it to https://udd.debian.org/lintian/ or
  somewhere else.
I don't have a strong opinion.