Re: Call for help: archive rebuilds

Hi,

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 4:32 AM, Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> wrote: > I'm unlikely to be able to do much archive rebuild work in the coming year, so > I would welcome help on that front. Im interested in aply to help. Debian-QA work is very important to continue
to maintain
the current quality of the distribution
. > Here is the "job" description: - maintain scripts to organize archive > rebuilds, parse logs and file bugs Required skills: basic Ruby knowledge > (or willingness to learn) scripts are in
I've been using ruby for about 3 years, especially to create small scripts and
support
tools. > - do the archive rebuilds themselves on Amazon Web Services Required > skills: basic AWS knowledge (or willingness to learn)

I have no specific experience with AWS but I usually work with Heroku and other, more
basic
, web/cloud platforms.

> - process results and file bugs (there are scripts that allow to automate > most of the process). Required skills: good understanding of FTBFS bugs > (common causes for failure, etc), and of the BTS
I have some basic experience in this. Im currently maintaining a debian package, Driftnet.
Sincerely, Im begining to unsdertand the inner works of the debian infrastructure but
I want to help contributing to It.

> - answer to questions from maintainers Thats not problem. > Overall, one important "skill" is the ability to dedicate time to this task on > a regular basis (on average, approx. 3 hours every 3 weeks). That fits good for me. Right now, I just finished my studies and my current job is not
full time
.

Cheers,

David